Spongebob Squarepants... where should I begin? First I want to say, I actually enjoyed this cartoon in the past. I wasn't a great cartoon, but it had charm and it was funny. But now a days, it's just one of those show you wish to go away for ever and be buried in the graveyard of the forgotten shows. Here I will show you my Top 10 reasons, why Spongebob sucks now.
5. The overhyped concept
Spongebob Squarepants is one of the most overhyped shows ever. Even the god old seasons from Steven Hillenburg are a little bit overhyped in my opinion. Their where great, but not that great. Nothing on the show was really new. The humor, the scenario, the characters, the setting. It was just a good old formula who worked again. Only this time with a talking kitchen sponge. So I ask you, why was this show such a big hit, and other shows like Roccos modern Life, Danny Phantom or Angry Beavers not?
Well... you know it all ready. The same thing ever.
3. Cheap writing
Spongebob is now at that point in his life time, that the producers take every idea and turn it to a episode. Like Waiting for a toy, or Patrick get's up or Spongebob has a splitter in his finger. Those aren't episode ideas, their just desperate ideas to make a quick episode. And the worst part is, people actually think those are good ideas. But only because it's Spongebob...
2. the "new" Characters
The new producers actually changed every single character in the newer episodes and have no idea why people liked them in the older episodes so much:
- Spongebob for example is just annoying. The only thing that he is doing now, is just annoying people (mostly Squidward), cries and falls in love with his work at the Krusty Krab. Like that's his whole Life.
- Patrick was one of the funniest characters at the show. Now is is either a big chump or big troublemaker.
- Squidward is actually the only good thing left on the show. And you can understand why he hates Spongebob and Patrick so much because they actually ruin his whole life.
- Mr. Krabs is probably the most unlikable character now of this show. He isn't greedy anymore, his is now at a point to be a more the villain.
- Plankton on the underhand is now more liable and I tolerant him more than Krabs. But the new producers use him more as a cheap running gag to steal the krabby patty formula.
- Sandy is okay, but we rarely see her in the new show.
1. the changed humor
This is my biggest problem I have with the newer episodes. The humor is week or just mean-spirited. Most of the jokes are not even real jokes. Or do you guys laugh ate Spongebob who is crying almost for a minute or when Squidward gets his toenail scratched off? This isn't funny, that just cruel.